What you'll be working on:
- Manage supplier sourcing, selection, qualification and business set-up activities
- Develop & maintain an appropriate and effective PVL/AVL matrix that can support company needs
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap which aligns business requirements not only with suppliercapabilities, but also with commodity/industry future trends
- Develop & manage the commodity sourcing strategy that defines market analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual/quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage supplier relationships (key supplier partnership especially) as well as drive supplier continuous performance improvement via KPI, scorecard (quality/cost/service/technology), etc.
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of commodity market trends for electronic components, including an analysis of market index, cost drivers, new technology, competition landscape, etc.
- Manage the periodic(quarterly/yearly) pricing negotiation as well as a cost-down scheme to achieve company PPV targets
- Negotiate and manage the purchase contract or sourcing agreement and key commercial terms, including a favorable payment terms, LT, MOQ, VMI/JIT, delivery, etc.
- Lead and drive cost-down initiatives
- Interface and interact with close-related functions like planning & materials, PMs or NPI team to assess current and future sourcing requirements, ensure continuity of supply and material availability, and continuously drive for BOM cost reduction
- Review and manage supplier risk mitigation & contingency plan
- Periodic travels to supplier’s manufacturing sites
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience within FAE or Commodity Management from a developing/manufacturing company of electronics.
- Knowledge of electronic component market, the manufacturers and their roadmaps
- Good team player with ability to work independently and under pressure. Candidate shall have confidence, be self-driven, like working in projects with cross-functional teams and have a technical affinity
- Good negotiation skills and willingness to improve and extend relationships with suppliers, project managers and the R&D department for maximum outcome
- Fluent in English, preferably also German language skills