Our philosophy at Kommlink is based around supplying a transparent, compliant and delivery based service to both the candidates and project consultants we find and to the end clients where delivery is achieved..
Linux System Administrator
For one of our clients, we are now looking for a Linux System Administrator to join an enthusiastic and ever-expanding team.
Your focus will be on:
• Join a highly technical team responsible of hundreds of computer systems distributed around the world powering search system for the global airline industry.
• Setup, configure, monitor the performance and fine tune company services in the hosting facilities.
• Put in place reliability, fail-over, disaster recovery, 24/7 support mechanisms wherever possible and to ensure the flawless operation of the production systems.
• Implement and monitor the security control processes related to the production environment.
• Design, maintain and monitor the backup processes including: its planning, verification and documentation.
• Design, install, configure and fine tune the production infrastructure and equipment.
• Solve software and hardware problems related to the production systems.
• Ensure at all times the following documents are up to date: Corporate Infrastructure documentation (including Internal and External Systems Disaster Recovery procedures).
• Ensure the IT tickets resolution is performed within the agreed company SLAs.
What are we looking for?
• Min 3 years of experience as a System Administrator
• University Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
• Deep knowledge in Linux Administration (RHEL, CentOS), setup of systems, performance monitoring and tunning
• Good knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL databases. Replication, sharding, performance monitoring
• Being able to perform almost all maintenance tasks related to production systems
• Building RPMs
• Networking: routing, security, Cisco Firewall administration, complex infrastructure
• Good knowledge of hardware layer including high speed process and IO based hardware optimization
• Advanced level of Shell Scripting and regular expressions
• Good communication skills and good command of English language
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Innovative, fast learner and willing to share knowledge
• Self-starter, able to work under no direct supervision
• ITIL framework knowledge is advantage