For one of our clients we are looking for DWH/BI Project Manager
The AIM Project Manager, under minimal supervision, will provide oversight and guidance to project teams on medium sized to large DW/BI-projects while working closely with project stakeholders. The AIM Project Manager is responsible for accomplishing the stated project objectives, building the release plan, managing scope, financials and timelines.
- Leads, shapes, structures and drives medium and large assignments using DW/BI best practices and methodologies. Solicits and is receptive to input and feedback from team members, pursues continuous learning with others in teams, works to create and maintain cooperation among team members, and adapts behaviour and communication style to be effective in the situation. Treats all team members with respect.
- Generates client interest in DW/BI solutions other than the current, proactively positions the company for additional/added value work.
- Participates in proposals, creates content and/or solution. Ensures quality estimates, leveraging past data, experience, other forms of estimation, other teams, etc.
- Aligning the solution being recommended with the client Strategic direction, managing exceptions, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders
- Can easily operate at CxO and board room level to help innovation and ensure the medium and long term strategic goals of the organization are achieved.
Extensive experience in:
- The role requires broad experience in the analysis, conception, build up and reengineering of Data-Warehouse architectures
- Build up and extension of business-data models, databases, and applications
- Development of existing data warehouse-architectures and processes
- Strong competencies in business-object-modelling
- On the day-to-day job the AIM Project Manager will work closely with the onsite teams across Germany and offshore project managers who are responsible for the offshore delivery teams. He will have to ensure effective communication between the onsite and offshore teams and the client stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/troubleshooting activities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
- Experience of on-site / off-shore global delivery model
- Strong experience in MS Office (MS Project, Power point, …)
- Fluent German and English language skills (written, spoken) are a must have.
- Other European language skills an advantage.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant project management experience mandatory.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of DW/BI experience mandatory.
- Experience in Global Delivery exp. Automotive would be plus
- Previous consulting experience in complex multi-national organisation
- Proven Business and IT experience in DWH projects ideally supported with relevant professional qualifications
- Technology skills
- Informatica, Talend, OWB/ODI
- QlikView, Cognos, Tableau, Power BI
- Oracle, SQL Server
- Data Warehousing
- Database Development
- Any Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) is a plus.
Project Language: English and German
Duration: 3 (up to 1 year)