We are targeting a Junior Java Engineer capable of delivering high quality, secure solutions that drive strategic goals and roadmaps. This is a hands-on development position requiring technical ability and creativity, along with a strong sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Some experience designing and implementing web applications.
- Work in an Agile environment to release on a regular cadence while ensuring high velocity.
- Collaborate closely with team lead and other members of the Dev Squad to meet commitments.
- Experience developing web applications and services, as well as consuming data from public and/or internal API's.
- Good general understanding of servers, networks, and hosting environments as well as a good grasp of data modelling, business logic, and user experience tenets.
- Follow coding and design standards set forth by experienced team members.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field desired.
- 1-5 years of software development experience.
- Solid knowledge of Java, other OO programing languages a plus.
- Relational Database experience (PostgresSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Git / Github.
- Experience with core Java components and frameworks, such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jackson, etc.