For our client Uniper we are looking for a Senior Project Manager
Following the decision to split E. ON into 2 separate and autonomous businesses, the now independent business “Uniper” has developed a series of key IT projects which in turn will be developed and delivered and will complete the full physical separation away from E.ON.
The construction of a new Citrix application hosting environment is one of the core and key projects for Uniper in 2019. Over the past 12 months the intended scope of this project has increased significantly in terms of size and complexity. Uniper now require the skills of an experienced Senior Project Manager to deliver this project as well as operating on a senior level in a consultancy capacity for several other related projects. The role Uniper expect to fill will suit an experienced and rounded senior project consultant who has a proven track record in delivering similar projects. Knowledge and experience of working with E.ON in the past will be beneficial.
The proven ability to manage several projects concurrently will be advantageous and there will be a need to begin more than one project imminently, a number of which will affect the application infrastructure environment. Uniper expect to conclude negotiation and contracting of a new (Citrix) application presentation layer in our new data centre facility, and this project will require the support of a Programme Manager to deliver the phases shown below, which will be separated into concurrent workstreams.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- Move the Citrix environment into the production state and working with the IT Partners, confirm relevant run support is available to agreed SLAs
- Work with many application migration projects (in conjunction with the larger Datacentre Exit programme) to move applications and their infrastructure components from the legacy environment into the new datacentre
- Define the requirements for a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in conjunction with the Project Architect and the users of the current environment
- Build a new VDI environment satisfying the requirements of the users who are in multiple continents
- Define the future support model for all environments, and engage relevant suppliers (either internal or external) to satisfy requirements
- Project Management of multiple, inter connected projects
- Budget responsibility (on behalf of the budget holder)
- Planning, monitoring and operational control
- Creation of progress reports
- Coordination of the separation of applications (some may be shared with E.ON) and subsequent transition to Uniper ‘run’ functions
- Define, alongside performing partners, the operational processes
- Proactive participation in risk management
- Adherence to Uniper’s project governance processes (escalation and risk management)
- Establish and control workstream leads to deliver the project deliverables
- Coordinate with the project architects to design the infrastructure solutions
- Quality management and assurance
- Align milestones and deliverables with the IT partners
- Take the lead for issue and problem management until the operational function is in place and processes agreed
- Align change processes within the Uniper IT department and work with the application managers to agreed communication standards
- Proven experience in data centre and hosting environments
- Experience of data centre move or consolidation projects
- Experience of business carve-out/carve-in projects
- Implementing of programmes of work including implementation of new information technologies
- Ability to break down work into pieces, track progress, supervise results from a technical angle
- Management of project managers and architects
- Understanding of data centre life cycle and the upgrading of applications and infrastructure
- Experience in the Energy and Utilities sector
- Ability to influence across an organisation
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills.
- Extensive experience of senior stakeholder management within a change environment.
- Strong initiative and willingness to change.
- Highly self-dependent, result- and process-oriented way of work.
- Willing to regularly travel nationally and internationally; this is a key requirement of the role.
- Extensive experience of managing third parties, preferably gained in an outsourced IT environment.
- Business fluent English and German language skills
Location: This role is based in Dusseldorf (DE). Travel will be required to remote sites in UK and other countries to liaise with application managers and project teams.
Capacity: 50 hours/week, 30 onsite, 20 remote
Duration: 2 months+