For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we are looking for a freelance SharePoint Migration Consultant (w/m/d):
- Coordinate the technical delivery resources (lift and shift of SharePoint 2013 to a Client Azure Tenant) and steer technical tasks are completed on time, to cost and quality. Create project related reports - DevOps will be used to track project tasks. Create project task updates from Dev Ops board, in Plan, Doing and Done
- Risk and dependencies management, including development of mitigations and solutions. A project RAID log will be used to record and manage this. Consultant inform the Project Manager, and Technical Architect of risks.
- Coordinate and undertake day to day technical activities - complete necessary technical tasks identified to complete the project. This will be in accordance with an agreed environment design. Potential and actual problems need to be raised to the relevant level with the Project Organisation.
- Steer that Environment is set up and adviced in accordance with an agreed Architecture design. Impediments to the design need to be discussed and resolved with the relevant members of the project organisation. Standard Client Project processes will be used. Consultant discuss impediments with relevant members of the project organisation, depending on the severity and complexity.
- Schedule and utilise Support Team resources efficiently, prioritise with business as usual tasks and other project roles
- Coordinate day to day activities with 3rd party suppliers, check costs and time are optimized. Consultancy between the project team and a SharePoint Architect and SharePoint Specialists, 3rd Party Suppliers to create the new environment and migrate content. They will need to communicate and work with the team on specific project tasks. If a task is taking longer or is delayed the consultant should raise this to the attention of the Project Manager as soon as possible. Coordination that SharePoint Specialists and 3rd Parties are completing the task in the most efficient way, some of this will be a learning from doing the same task in the staging environments before go live. Also steer resources aren’t under utilized/ unnecessarily
- Manage the set-up of the technical environments - coordinate and work with other Project members to set up the new SharePoint 2013 environments in Azure
- Review the output of the technical proof of concepts and the impact on the overall design - read and listen to the findings from the Technical Specialist(s)
- Steer Service Enabling, Configuration and Release Management information is documented, maintained and version controlled by the project and support teams. The technical team are responsible for updating the SharePoint Service Management Information, which will be handed over to the support team after Hypercare. Configuration changes and Release Management needs to be carefully maintained and controlled during the project from the consultant
- Change Management is completed in a timely manner. The Consultant will consultant the SharePoint Specialist to raise the necessary IT Changes in accordance with the client’s Change Management Lead times
- Manage technical issues (SharePoint 2013, integrated application and updated custom code). Technical issues: SharePoint 2013 application, workflow, database, storage and firewall issues. Also, potentially other applications that interface with SharePoint such as OpenText AGA
- Steer so that Unit Testing, System, Integration and Migration testing is completed and test scripts are provided to the Test Manager
- Analyse, prioritise and resolve test issues. Plan releases of fixes during each test phase. The Test Management team will tirage test issues to see if it is a bug, standard software behaviour, configuration issue, not an issue. Based on the outcome a test issue process will be followed assign to a technical specialist to investigate / fix, provide feedback to the person that raised the issue. Content of test issues is that the new environment and migrated content behave as expected (as per a pre-defined test script). If not a test issue is raised. The Technical team undertake testing to ensure the environment works (IT Testing) and support business testing (User Acceptance and Smoke Testing)
- Participate in Implementation planning and execution. A detailed ‘Go Live’ plan is required to make sure the ‘go live’ is smooth. Technical specialist will review and confirm task are documented. The implementation plan may be tested (where possible) before the actual go live period. The consultant will be a key figure in the go live or implementation period. The consultant will participate in project meetings and workshops. Member of meetings are Project Manager, SharePoint Architect, Specialists, Service Owner, Cloud Management Team, IT Security, Data Protection, Business Sponsor(s) and User representatives
- Sign off is given by the relevant project documentation being approved and handed over to the Application Service Manager, during the Project Handover. Other examples of sign off are completed test scripts
- Experience of SharePoint 2013 Migrations, broader SharePoint technologies, leading a technical SharePoint team, Cloud Technologies, specifically Microsoft Azure and M365.
- Experience of 3rd party and custom integrations to SharePoint
- Knowledge of Database and data architecture
- Understanding of Modern Authentication, such as Azure AD
- Manage the platform adheres to the client’s Security and Data Protection Policies
- Project collaboration will be using MS Teams, DEVOps and integrated with other productivity tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Ability to track and analyse activities
- Self-organising and time focused delivery
- Prioritise workload
- Strong stakeholder and expectations management
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint technologies
- Broad technical knowledge
- Ability to work as part of team
- Good understanding of project lifecycle
- Able to work in virtual teams
- Risk analysis
- Business fluent English language skills (German is a strong plus)