For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we’re looking for an SAP Performance Optimization Consultant (w/m/d):
In this project it is required to defend heterogeneous and homogeneous SAP system migrations. As part of the migrations, the system performance should be optimized upfront and after the migration to affiliate stable operations of the migrated systems.
Every relevant information and general requirements will be provided by the client in advance. In addition the client will grant access to relevant systems (Sharepoint and Snow), so the service is performed independently.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Execute system parameter checks of all relevant components (OS, DB, application layer) before and after the migrations
- Identification of hardware bottlenecks (CPU, Memory, SAN and Network Latency and throughput) and create sizing recommendations. These recommendations will be handed over to the client for validation and approval.
- Create reports to document system performance before and after the migration.
- Analyse SQL shared cursor caches, identify missing indexes and create new ones. Drop not required indexes. Trigger table and index reorganizations.
- Solve performance related incidents reported by test users and/or end users during hyper care phase through Snow;
- Consult application developers to build or redesign SQL statements to reduce the number of logical and physical reads. Depending on the volume of the incident reported through Snow, it may be an answer through the ticket system or a workshop with the respective application developer. Conduction of the workshop includes planning and moderation virtually.
The service of the contractor has the goal to facilitate the datacenter migration by optimizing the system performance, which leads into a reduction of possible incidents before and after.
- Consultant needs to be heavily experienced in SAP Basis
- Strong experience in SAP Performance Tuning.
- The consultant need to have a proven track of records in this area over the last years.
- Oracle Performance Tuning is a must have
- Experience in SAP HANA would be a plus.
- English is mandatory (German is nice to have)
100 % Remote