For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we’re looking for a freelance Network Security Consultant (w/m/d)
This project focuses on the client’s Firewall Management, especially the VPC DataCenter Exit projects. Many projects are being kicked off to migrate their applications out of the VPC. Firewall Management is centrally supporting these activities with the aim to implement all Firewall Change Requests (FCR) properly and in accordance with the client’s standards. The implementation goal is to provide Audit- and IT Security compliance.
- The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external consultant:
- Consult IT security architects on ongoing initiatives within Firewall Management, particularly with a focus on the VPC DataCenter Exit projects.
- Review and approve Firewall Change Requests (FCR) in the process steps “IT Security Approval”. Assess and analyze FCRs with in-depth knowledge about client-, Audit- and IT Security standards in Tufin application in order to avoid any IT security threats for the client’s assets. Analyze the solutions with requester and information security officers to mitigate IT Security breaches when standards are not met. Coordinate the standards with the stakeholders so that FCR can be processed by other suppliers.
- Consult client requesters individually to submit FCRs in proper quality based on client-, Audit- and IT Security standards in the Tufin application.
- Identify / Design / implement / verify security concepts/standards with regard to the IT Sec Approval step. Create documentation with the contributions of other stakeholders, especially IT Security architects. These process steps are highly dependent on the individual knowledge today. Cover the recommendation in a document for a standardization process.
The client provides all necessary information, access to the systems and requirements in advance.