For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we’re looking for a freelance Azure Data Pipelines Consultant
The service is requested as part of the project Wellspring. The project has the purpose to provide relevant business data in Dashboards. This includes the development of data pipelines in MS Azure
, connecting the client’s Data Foundation (HDF) with the user front-end in Tableau
for the purpose of use for end user reporting. The development also requires the development of large data sets in Azure Data Factory
Concrete, detailed description of services
The services shall be provided within the framework of an agile development method. The concrete activities required in each case to implement the services commissioned shall be agreed iteratively between the parties within the framework of sprint meetings and implemented by the Contractor within the respective sprints following the sprint meetings. Prior to each sprint meeting, the contractor shall independently check
, on the basis of its professional expertise
, which individual services are reasonable and feasible within the scope of the assignment in the respective sprint. The sprints
each have a duration of 2 weeks
, so that the sprint meetings
take place at intervals of every second week
. Within the individual sprints, the contracting parties shall coordinate the respective technical requirements for the services to be provided in daily meetings
in order to achieve the compatibility of the individual components of the software XY. The technical requirements for the services to be provided are assessed by the Contractor on the basis of its own technical assessment
. After completion of a Sprint, the Parties shall conduct a "Sprint Review'' in which the Contractor reports on the feasibility and status of the services performed by it in the previous Sprint and makes a recommendation on how to proceed with regard to the services that proved to be unfeasible in the respective Sprint. All of the meetings and exchanges described above shall take place exclusively in the presence of a central contact person named by us, who shall coordinate the project on our internal side. The organisation and scheduling of the meetings described above in which the Contractor is involved shall be organised and carried out by the Contractor and coordinated with us.
The requirements will be provided by the client in the backlog where the consultant gets access to:
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture on the basis of MS Azure,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design and implement process improvements according to the requirements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Creating the respective documentation, that will be validated and approved by the client.
The performance of the contractor has the goal to provide consultancy and development services on the creation of a data pipeline architecture for the business data.