For one of our clients we are looking for an Experienced SAP BW Consultant
Project description: The client has set-up a modernization project for its SAP Analytics system landscape. The project consists of different sub-projects and enhancements, like migration of the existing SAP “BW on HANA” system to a “BW/4HANA” system, enabling the access to the SAP BW data directly on HANA database layer, implementation of a development environment for Data Science use cases in SAP BW, provisioning of a data pipeline from SAP BW to the client’s data lake and other non-SAP systems and the connection of SAP SaaS systems like Ariba and Fieldglass to SAP BW.
- Analyze and review the current BW data model in the CO, FI and MM area including the current concept for direct access to the underlying HANA database according to SAP recommendations as defined in the BW/4 business content. Create a presentation which describes findings and proposals for improvements. Present the results to the client’s BW project and support team in a meeting. The decision if/which proposals are implemented is made by the project and support lead. Technically consult the client’s BW Support team in the implementation of quick win improvements.
- Develop a concept for replication of main SAP ERP line item tables to SAP BW and document it in a presentation. Present results to project lead and support team in a meeting. The project lead will approve the concept and select tables for a proof of concept implementation. Technically consult the client’s support team in the implementation and conduction of an IT-functionality and load time measurement test. Document results in a presentation and present results to project – and support lead in a meeting.
- Analyze requirements for up to 3 data science use cases and derive data preparation and engineering requirements for SAP BW. Document the results as Azure DevOps Backlog-Items (review and assignment of Backlog Items to resources will be done by the project manager). Technically consult client’s Support team in the SAP BW data preparation and engineering tasks.
- Develop a connection IT-concept based on corresponding SAP Notes, document it in a presentation and present it to the project team in a meeting as part of a Proof of Concept for connection from SAP Ariba and/or Fieldglass to SAP BW. The project lead will approve the concept. Implement the connection according to the approved IT concept.
- Execute the first 6 process steps of the BW/4 HANA in place migration procedure in the BW development system as defined in the SAP BW/4HANA migration tool. The process steps are defined by SAP and implemented already in the SAP migration tool and will be conducted by executing the tool. Document the findings in a presentation and present them to the BW project and support team in a meeting. The implementation of the further actions is planned for 2022 and is not part of this job description.
- Experienced SAP BW consultant and developer
- Wide experiences in BW data modelling and synchronization with HANA layer incl. authorization synchronization
- Experienced in architecture consultancy for heterogeneous SAP/Non-SAP system landscape
- Deep Knowledge in SAP Analytics and Integration solutions (BW, BO, SAC, Data Intelligence, CPI, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in English in word and letter
- Very good team player with ability to communicate with customers independently
Till end of 2021 (Extensions highly likely)