For one of our clients we are looking for a Domino Consultant
The service is requested as part of the HCL Domino application maintenance within the client. Overall goal is to fade out HCL Domino within the client over the coming years. Currently about 1.700 Domino databases are operated at the client. Until fade-out is completed, application maintenance for major Domino databases is required as well as migrating those applications to another platform.
The service of the contractor has the goal to manage the Lotus Notes application migration and to translate business requirements into actionable IT items.
- Application Maintenance
- Analyze and evaluate the existing Domino applications not covered by a global support contract with a strategic supplier - a comprehensive application catalogue is provided in advance;
- Analyze applications to identify possible enhancements and to resolve identified issues
- Independently contact third-party developers of specific applications for globally maintained databases to confirm enhancements and migrations of Domino applications;
- Migration Management
- Provide professional consulting for the project-related business units and company's dx in finding the best solution and platforms for migration candidates;
- Independently create a project plan for the application migration to set up the fade out until 2025;
- Project Execution
- Facilitate the project execution for HCL Domino applications in scope;
- Analyze applications to identify possible enhancements and develop proposal for implementation based on these results. Implement enhancements if proposal gets approved by stakeholders (Application Owners & Global Domino team)
Timelines are jointly defined during the project, keeping the overall goal of finishing fade out/footprint reduction until 2025 in mind.
Start: January 2022
- Q1 2022: Data Analysis with iDNA (Domino) will be done to define further goals / milestones
Capacity: 26 man-days in total for 3 months