For one of our clients we are looking for a Test Automation Engineer
Business critical reason: In order to ensure seamless consumer journeys in our own retail stores we need to ensure we do not have defects in our applications that can break the consumer journey. Therefore a minimum testing team is required to keep system running and to ensure from OS patches, network changes, new hardware as well as changes on the applications like fiscal topics on PoS or maintenance on the SaaS solution for Workforce Management are tested and can be released to production.
- Within Digital Retail only quality assured products are released to production. The testing is carried out for OS patches, new images, new hardware, etc. as part of keep the system running but could also be engagements for one of the various rollout projects to our own retail stores.
- The project has the purpose to have a seamless consumer journey in the retail stores including stock accuracy and merchandise management processes to ensure products are available to adidas consumers, a seamless checkout experience at the point of sales, apps that support the store stuff to consult the consumers or workforce management systems that ensure adidas has the right amount of staff at the right time in place to serve consumer needs. Due to the project “testing digital retail” these consumer journeys do not break due to technical issues.
- Analyze requirements or test cases and write the BDD test steps in a reusable way
- Write test automation in Java for web-, fat client and mobile applications using the adidas framework
- Configure Jenkins jobs to execute test automation frequently
- Configure Jenkins job for manual triggering with parameters
- Monitor the Sonar report for the repositories and fix raised exceptions
- Perform peer code reviews for code of the colleagues
- Ensure test results of executions are uploaded to reportportal and Jira Xray
- Classify defects in reportgportal on a daily base and define measure to fix root causes for frequently failing scripts (the goal is a script stability of +90% over 7 days)
- Document basic informations and design decisions on confluence
- Participate in daily standup meetings
- Participate on sprint planning meetings
- Participate in backlog refinement sessions
- Participate in sprint review meetings
- If needed participate in knowledge transfer sessions to learn about new topics/requirements within the test team or with tech consultants from other teams (internal or external)
Duration: 3 months++
Location: 50% remote, 50% onsite in Gurgaon, India
Capacity: 40 hours/week