For one of our clients we are looking for an IT Service Manager Azure
Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT) operations team manages the overall cloud operations & support activities mainly focusing on service request fulfillment, incident, problems, changes & configuration management. Operations team act as a SPOC and coordinate between other HaCT technical teams (Infra, DB, and Network etc.), the client application teams, client Service Management & Integration team, Microsoft and other relevant parties.
Must have skills:
- Manage cloud operational activities by overseeing service requests fulfillment, incident, and problem, change and configuration management for all different cloud services offered by HaCT. Requests & incidents related to cloud services assigned to HaCT resolver groups in Service Now are centrally coordinated by the operations team to bring them to completion.
- Review the existing service management processes captured in the documents in internal wiki and SharePoint and create proposals for process improvements and present them to the client stream Leads. Discuss the proposals (via teams) and implement them accordingly based on best practices from comparable projects. Document the results for a final sign-off by the client.
- Coordinate application teams & other technical teams within Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT) to (re)solve complex problems and recommendations for system / process improvement.
- Check the nature of incidents assigned to the HaCT common resolver group that’s managed by the HaCT Operations team and route them to the corresponding resolver group of the relevant technical team within Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT). Each HaCT technical team has its own Service Now resolver group. The details of these resolver groups and required contact details are available in the internal wiki.
- Manage raised critical incidents (meetings & email) with relevant stakeholders (Microsoft, technical teams, MSI & application teams – mix of both internal and external colleagues) for quick resolution. Incident & change communication process & templates are already defined and captured in internal wiki and SharePoint. This can be used to send the change & incident notification to relevant stakeholders through all stages of major incidents & changes.
- Use monitoring logs for cloud services in Azure monitor & application information available in ServiceNow as data source, develop KPI report to measure platform performance, capacity, availability in Power Bi
- Develop a report based on the platform information available in Azure to keep all centrally managed cloud services up to date (n or n-1 version). Share this report with the life cycle management team for further action (Windows servers updated to latest version or latest version -1).
- Generate weekly & monthly SLA reports of incidents, check changes and problems assigned to different technical teams within HaCT by using ServiceNow data. Share the reports with the HaCT technical team leads.
- Develop and maintain metrics and reports in order to plan adequate resource availability for the execution of the operations activities of the Cloud Services offered by HaCT (based on the number of requests, incidents & changes assigned to HaCT technical teams in Service Now).
- Conduct team meetings with Microsoft as required to onboard the client business applications hosted in Azure, for ARR & track the progress of support tickets in Serviceshub.
- Interview the audit team and understand the audit evidence required (access requests, approvals, change). Collect the required evidence from ServiceNow and hand it over to the client internal audit team to carry out the quarterly and yearly audit.
Nice to have:
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ITIL processes
- Ability to manage and coordinate day-to-day cloud operations and work closely with various stakeholders to ensure issues are addressed in timely fashion & in accordance to user expectations
- Critical thinking and analysis of existing processes to provide feedback and guidance on continuous service improvement
- Basic understanding of Azure IaaS
- Azure VMs & Azure PaaS services like ASE, Azure Web Apps, Azure functions, SQL PaaS, Azure Storage, APIM, azure cognitive services etc.
- Azure DevOps – Sprint grooming, planning, retrospective
- Experience in using ServiceNow
- ITIL process (incident, problem, change, config)
- Incident analysis, creating change models etc.
- Experience in generating KPI & SLA reports
- Team leadership skills – communication, organization, team work, customer orientation & ability to innovate
- Problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Experience in creating reports & dashboards in PowerBi from various data sources (DB, REST APIs)
- Working knowledge on MS Flows & PowerApps