For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we’re looking for a freelance Azure DevOps Consultant (f/m):
Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT) automation framework provides general design guidelines and describes different automation options, pros and cons of each option, and an overview of the popular automation tools. Following these guidelines, around 35 self-service items have been introduced in CloudServices portal (a.net application – developed in house) to enable end users to provision, configure & manage cloud resources on their own. This project focuses on enhancing Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT) automation framework & expanding self-service offerings in order to help operations teams eliminate repetitive tasks and focus on high-value projects.
Must have skills:
- Create proposals for automation framework enhancements and present them to the client. The Automation framework is documented in the Internal Wiki. Review the framework and Discuss them (via teams) and implement the automation framework accordingly based on best practices from comparable projects. Document the results for a final sign-off by the client.
- Review and analyze the requirements and design the solution accordingly. The requirements will be shared during the course of the project by relevant stakeholders within Hosting and Cloud Technologies (HaCT). Document the final requirements and the corresponding solution design for final sign-off by the client.
- Develop, test and implement new self-services items based on the requirements captured in the step above to reduce effort and increase speed of cloud resource deployments and configurations. Document the technical details of each self-service item for final sign-off by the client. Implement these self-service in the Cloud services portal (in-house developed .net application).
- Review the existing self-service items (around 35), propose changes to HaCT automation team lead as required, discuss them (via teams), implement and document them for final sign-off by the client. The review and enhancement of the existing self-service items will be based on best practices from comparable projects.
- Migrate self-service items that are made available in the cloud service portal for the provisioning, configuring and management of cloud resources, to ServiceNow as request catalog items.
- Create build tasks and release pipeline in Azure DevOps for each self-service item based on requirements. Document the implementation details for final sign-off by the client.
- Create required epics, features, product backlog items & tasks for each self-service item in Azure DevOps. Generate report to show the status of self-service items based on status of epics, features, product backlog in Azure DevOps. Self-service items are captured in Azure DevOps as features & epics.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Azure automation
- Azure PowerShell, REST API, DSC, CSE & CLI
- Hands on experience on Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration management tools such as Terraform & Ansible – ability to modularize and reuse them as required
- Basic understanding of Azure IaaS & Azure PaaS Solutions like ASE, Azure Web Apps, Azure functions, SQL PaaS, Azure Storage, APIM, azure cognitive services etc
- Azure devops – source code control, build & release. Agile / Scrum – Sprint grooming, planning, retrospective -ServiceNow – ITIL process (incident, change, config) overview, knowledge on how to consume ServiceNow rest APIs
- Team leadership skills – communication, organization, team work, customer orientation & ability to innovate
- Problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Experience in creating reports & dashboards in PowerBi from various data sources (DB, REST APIs etc)
- Understanding of Microsoft .NET technologies (.NET core, MVC)
- Basic networking concepts & working knowledge on MS Flows & PowerApps Spotlight