For one of our clients we are looking for an Azure CI/CD Specialist
As part of the client Data Platform, we plan to provide a data platform leveraging Microsoft Azure cloud technology. This includes, among other things, the (further) development of the NewBI Foundation and HDF Data Lake Foundation for the purpose of increasing scalability and security and performance optimization. This also includes the implementation of additional Azure cloud services. The latter must be carried out in Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell, in order to maintain compatibility with older versions of the software. However, the programming language PowerShell has no relevance for the core products. Consequently, we do not have our own employees with sufficient expertise in connection Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell and for this reason requires external expertise. The contractor used by us has extensive experience with projects that require development services for Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell; therefore the contractor has a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
- Affiliation of improvements for the client data platform (Azure based) according to the assigned backlog items
- Development of platform features according to product backlog
- Testing of platform features according to product backlog, in case of identified bugs or issues the task is to rework it from step 1
- Release of platform features according to product backlog
- Evaluation of Azure releases and based on the outcome derive action items related to the aforementioned tasks
- Definition, optimization and implementation of coding and configuration standards and guidelines, that will be documented in Azure DevOps Wiki. The documentation will be validated and approved by the client.
- Script based implementation of all platform tasks and actions to be included in central orchestration according to the aforementioned coding and configuration standards and guidelines.
- Documentation of technical implementation and related process documentation, that will be validated and approved by the client
- Design and document access control concepts that will be validated and approved by the client
- Implementation of roles and capabilities according to access control concepts provided by the client according to product backlog items
- Specify metrics (SLAs) that will be validated and approved by the client
- Implementation of metrics (SLAs) and monitoring (alerts) according to product backlog items
- All back log items have to be in line with defined processes and given technical standards provided by the client through Azure DevOps Wikis.
- Liaise with Cloud Broker to develop templates for Azure Services according to the client standards that will be provided by the client through Azure DevOps Wikis.
- Implementation, execution of capacity and cost monitoring incl. alerting
- Consulting on recommendations regarding architecture and technical concepts for current or future products and application using the platform
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience of Microsoft Azure
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment with Microsoft Azure Pipelines
- Good knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, terraform preferred
- Test automation
- ITIL / Operations experience
- Practical experience with data lake, analytics and business intelligence is a plus
- Knowledge of Azure platform services AD, Monitor, Log Analytics, Application Insights, Support
- Knowledge of Azure data analytics services ADLS Gen2, Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse beneficial
- Experience with C#, .NET or Python preferred
- Code and component versioning according to SemVer
- Microsoft cloud adoption framework, e.g. landing zones incl. VNET and IaaS concepts would be added advantage
- Architectural exposure to Windows or Unix, Hyper-V, SAN, NAS and other technologies would be added advantage
- Azure certification preferred
- Cloud Landing Zone or hybrid cloud deployment models
- Enterprise cost planning and charge out models, regarding to infrastructure costs
- Excellent language skills in English, German beneficial
- Motivation to work independently, result orientated and very proactively in an agile environment
- Capability of communicating and interacting effectively and convincingly – verbally and in written form - in an international environment