For one of our clients we are looking for a Project Manager for Power Trading
Project description: The FlexHub Transformation project aims at defining and implementing processes, systems and capabilities in the Power Short-term Trading and Dispatching area for a flexible, digital and sustainable future. The project is structured in three parts:
a) “Build portfolio” with topics like RES operating model, hydrogen asset optimization and decentral flexibility
b) “Improve portfolio” with topics like algo strategies, Market Channel Optimization, conventional asset optimization and dispatch processes
c) “Develop people & organisation” with topics like development of people and development of an IT operating model
Planned project duration: The project is planned from January 2022 until December 2024.
The focus of the FlexHub project in Q2/2022 is setting up the project steering reporting to ensure the critical delivery requirements for 2022.
- Steer project planning sessions to set project goals and objectives, determine timelines, define tasks, and outline resources necessary to complete the project, based on professional expertise and the information provided in advance by Uniper.
- Steer the project team for on-time delivery of all workstream deliverables, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress based on professional expertise and the information provided in advance by Uniper.
- Monitor the progress of projects, including addressing issues that may arise to Uniper management, i.e. Project SteerCo., and monitor the on-time delivery of the project deliverables. Document everything on a shared drive, for Uniper management.
- Coordinate different elements of the project and measure project performance, based on professional expertise and the information provided in advance by Uniper, using the appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Follow standard processes as defined by the Association for Project Management (APM) or Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Organize weekly status and review meetings as necessary, including generating and distributing meeting minutes
- Gather resources, identify potential constraints based on activities and timeframes, and define solutions to manage any constraints
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and design a risk management plan to minimize foreseeable disruptions to the project. Uniper will sign off on the risk management plan.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation. Recipients are Uniper management and Project SteerCo
- Update management and relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project, challenges, resolutions, and alterations
- Conduct project reviews, including creating detailed reports for executive staff and identifying areas for future improvement. The report will be in the form of one off exercise at the end of the assignment.
- Monitor all project deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met