For one of our Düsseldorf-based clients we’re looking for a freelance SAP Solution Manager Consultant:
The client used various areas from SAP solution manager 7.2 for different topics. As part of this project, the client plans to optimize and improve the systems for more security, monitoring, cleanup and automation for different processes in solution manager like: Focused insights, data consistency management, business process improvement, business process monitoring, business process operations, change management, test suite, job management, technical administration, system and application monitoring, custom code management, data volume management, SAP solution manager -configuration, root cause analysis, project and process management and guided procedures. The client runs the solution manager as a central lifecycle management tool and also SAP cloud platform (SAP business technology platform) for Fiori apps, Integration, Odata services, integration of Ariba and SuccessFactors.
Our international (ENG, GER) unit is very heterogeneous (around 14 different areas), mainly focusing on SAP based solutions and strongly following the ITIL Framework. The client uses DevOps to work in an Agile environment and here the tasks are tracked.
The services shall be provided within the framework of an agile development method. The concrete activities required in each case to implement the services commissioned shall be agreed iteratively between the parties within the framework of sprint meetings and implemented by the consultant within the respective sprints following the sprint meetings. Prior to each sprint meeting, the consultant shall independently check, on the basis of its professional expertise, which individual services are reasonable and feasible within the scope of the assignment in the respective sprint. The sprints each have a duration of 2 weeks, so that the sprint meetings take place at intervals of 1 week. Within the individual sprints, the contracting parties shall coordinate the respective technical requirements for the services to be provided in weekly meetings in order to achieve the compatibility of the individual components of the software Solution Manager. The technical requirements for the services to be provided are assessed by the consultant on the basis of its own technical assessment. After completion of a Sprint, the Parties shall conduct a ?Sprint Review'' in which the consultant reports on the feasibility and status of the services performed by it in the previous Sprint and makes a recommendation on how to proceed with regard to the services that proved to be unfeasible in the respective Sprint. All of the meetings and exchanges described above shall take place exclusively in the presence of a central contact person named by us, who shall coordinate the project on our internal side. The organisation and scheduling of the meetings described above in which the consultant is involved shall be organised and carried out by the consultant and coordinated with us. The external consultant will take over the Solution Manager Product Owner role.
- Analyze the End to End Business Drivers for the customers and translate them into technical requirements for new Applications for System Monitoring and Security like EWA in Focused Insights together with the provider DXC. the information about the “End to End Business Drivers” come from Application Business and will be provided before hand
- Create documentation with an Overview about the Installed Applications and the dependent SAP roles. Consultant should log onto the solution manager and check the existing applications and roles.
- Conduct training sessions for employees for different applications - weekly Training until all Managers are aligned with the different applications via MS teams. Training material needs to be prepared based on the system and presented by the consultant and Provide documentation to the Application Manager
- Identify and advise Application Manager on solving the known issues together with provider DXC by analyzing the system . Document with solutions will be created and presented to for a sign off
- Steer the interface between solution manager and ServiceNOW by requesting by email.
- Define new KPI’s based on the analysis made by the consultant to measure services using Focus Insight and other functionalities in Solman
- Optimize, automate and standardize the Operational Delivery Processes to drive innovation. To find the best solution for SAP Best practices.
- Define automated Front to End monitoring to address application/system health checks to both recommend and execute required remedial actions in achieving a stable and resilient platform.
- Consult DXC and in coordinating SAP technical activities (Change Management, Technical Administration, System and Application Monitoring) with 3rd Parties towards seamlessly implementing change and formulating change requests.
- Optimize and configure SAP Landscape based on best practices for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability to find the best optimal process and then manage the implementation with DXC and .
- Gathering data for running SAP Workloads on Azure and developing/further optimizing SAP on Cloud Adoption Model. Create documentation with appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers and present it to for a sign off
- Steer and control the solutions in the weekly Application management call that have high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability in operational mode.
- Consult Solution and Technical Architects in developing complex end to end Enterprise Scale Solutions on Microsoft Azure Platform.The document with the results and/or suggestions/recommendations will be created and presented to someone for a sign off
provides all necessary information, access to the systems and requirements in advance.
English (must) German (nice to have)