For one of our clients we are looking for a Python Developer
Background to the assignment:
- Crystal is an analytics software product for clinical trial operation that visualizes complex operational clinical trial data. It provides transparency and monitoring into clinical trial performance.
- Crystal is developed using an Agile methodology, a blend of scrum and Kanban.
- The product aims to visualize complex data stories in compelling ways, utilizing data visualization and data storytelling best practices in graphs, charts, infographics, dashboards, and geographic visualization techniques.
- A core aspect of this methodology is that all people who are involved in a product development endeavor are self-sufficient and do not follow any instructions. The steps and ways of how overarching goals are achieved can be defined by the contractor independently and individually. This special combination of know-how is not available. Due to this special combination of know-how, the external Contractor will have an outstanding position compared to the internal project staff and will perform significantly different services than the internal staff.
- Iteratively (2 weeks’ timeframe) a defined scope will be commonly agreed upon which is being worked on together. The execution of the scope being worked upon will be organized by everybody, including the Contractor, individually and within their own responsibility
- The consultant will work in 2-week Agile sprints, with the following ceremonies:
- Daily standup - During the daily standup, all team members provide an update on the tasks they have worked on the previous day. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Review - During the sprint review, the team presents to the stakeholders an overview of the work done during the sprint and answers their questions. After that, the contractor works iteratively on his tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Retrospective - All team members discuss how the previous sprint went, what challenges occurred and actions for the next sprint are defined. The contractor will also provide their input in the discussion. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
- Biweekly Sprint Planning - Product Owner and the Development Team define what will be the tasks for the next sprint, based on the availability, priorities, and user feedback. After that, the contractor works iteratively on their tasks.
- The Contractor will take the role of a Developer.
- Building backend Python microservices and deploying the services in OpenShift. The developer will then debug/fix any issues pertaining to this building.
- Defining AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure as a code using AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit), and deploying in OpenShift. Bug Fixing will occur within Open shift and the AWS Platform.
- Writing ETL(Extract, Transform, Load) jobs and automating their database creation and data ingestion scripts, writing Lambda and Step functions and testing as well as fixing any bugs within the functions.
- Python, FastAPI, Swagger, boto3, pandas, pyspark
- AWS CDK (preferred Python), Glue, RDS, SNS, Lambda, Step Function etc.
- SQL, DynamoDB,
- Fluent in English in writing and speaking
Duration: 4 months+
Capacity: 40 hours/week