For one of our clients in the insurance industry we are looking for a freelance Project manager Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (w/m)
to be based in Düsserldorf!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manages the identification, planning and coordination of a set of related projects with high risk, high investment and high complexity within a program of business change and their interdependencies in support of the client's IT strategy and its objectives.
- Ensures the maintenance of a strategic view over the set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives, or large-scale change, by conceiving, maintaining and communicating a vision of the outcome of the program and associated benefits within the client organization.
- Aligns the program objectives with the client's IT strategy and objectives & consults on the selection and planning of all related projects & activities
- Plans, schedules, monitors, reports on activities related to the program, ensuring that there are appropriate & effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive reporting & communication
- Ensures that programs are managed to realize business objectives & that project management is informed by an awareness of current technical & solution developments
- Provides organizational strategy governing the direction & conduct of project management, including application of appropriate methodologies
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation & successful completion of complex projects (with significant business, political, or high-profile impact &high-risk dependencies)
- Selects & advises on methods & tools, e.g. iterative techniques where appropriate, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management & testing processes are maintained.
- Recent experience in leading the delivery of large scale VDI solutions.
- Recent experience on large scale transformation programs covering an infrastructure portfolio.
- Experience in working with suppliers and customers across multiple time zones and different cultures.
- Delivery of programs using both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience in delivery of “As a Service” infrastructure solutions.
- Have managed critical implementations and migrations events.
- Strong Service management ITIL background.
- Operational run experience including management of the triage of critical incidents.
- English: fluent
- German: fluent
: 12+ months